Update OCTOPURRR 2017: We are looking for expuurrienced and passionate humans to immediately join our KitTeam for our Cafe Server/Food Prep positions!
Ideal Tea Lounge candidates have previous experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume cafe/restaurant setting. A love of cats is a basic requirement for all qualified applicants but keep in mind that the Tea Lounge is a separate area from the Cat Lounge.
Please submit: A cover letter/pitch and updated resume (including availability) to: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org in addition to filling out the application form below.
Please only apply if you are already located in the Bay Area and ready to work immediately. We invest a lot in our KitTeam and prefer folks who can make a longer-term commitment. We are unable to consider applicants who do not meet these qualifications. Thank mew!
KitTea - San Francisco's first and only Cat Lounge and Cafe welcomes the purrfect part-time candidates to join the family aka The KitTeam!
Who we are:
KitTea is a unique cafe experience dedicated to enriching the interactions between humans and cats in a relaxing environment. Founded by Courtney Hatt, KitTea provides high-quality care to its resident rescue cats and adoptable felines. Managed by Steph Nelson, KitTea Cat Cafe provides high-quality tea, coffee, specialty beverages, and delicious small treats and hearty meals for our human guests to savor and enjoy living in the the "meow."
Who you are:
You thrive on hard work/under pressure, you have a professional and immaculate appearance, you're a perfectionist...and you must love cats and humans, too. Growth opportunities for qualified applicants. We're a small business with a big heart!
Currently Hiring for Part-time Position(s): Cafe Server/Food Prep
- 3-4 shifts per week (shifts are 4-6+ hours long)
- Starting at $14/hour + tips
- Must be available ASAP - with flexible weekends, weekdays, and holidays.
- KitTea will be closed Wednesday, 11/22, Thursday, 11/23, Sunday, 12/24, Monday, 12/25, and Monday, 1/1/2018.
- Furry co-workers and pawesome humans to work with!
- Furee monthly admission to Cat Lounge for you + 1 guest
- Food and merch discounts
- Growth and bonus oppurrtunities
- Fun (and punny) work environment!
- Satisfaction knowing that you helping to support rescue cats!
- CATS! ~^..^~
Cafe Server/Food Prep are responsible for maintaining the flow of the tea lounge. This includes, but is not limited to,: taking orders, using POS system, preparing beverage and meal service (i.e. making waffles, sandwiches, salads, soups, hot chocolate, coffee, tea, etc), bussing dishes, washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, processing new inventory (deliveries) and counting current inventory, assisting the host when needed, pro-actively communicating within the team, quality control, maintaining knowledge of reservation policies and information about our cats and rescue partners, answering telephone, making customers feel at home and relaxed in our environment, etc. Daily opening and closing duties, including setting up the space, taking out garbage, sweeping, mopping, cleaning the restroom in the tea lounge and refreshing it during the day. Will require Food Handlers Certification within 30 days of employment.
Qualified applicants will have previous experience in a fast-paced cafe or similar setting. While we strive to create a zen-like atmosphere for our guests, the Cafe Server is busy hustling to make sure orders are served quickly, correctly, and with a pawsitive cat-titude!
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree/in progress (not required).
- Previous work experience in a relevant setting.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings, holidays, and special events as needed.
- English fluency.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Well-organized, clear communicator, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task!
- Work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
- Positions will require frequent standing, walking, and use of hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs and frequently bend, reach, and twist from the waist.
- Minimum 6 months-1 year food service experience in a cafe/fast-paced restaurant or similar food service setting preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of food and preparation, including valid Food Handler Certification, and knowledge of relevant SF and CA health codes.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to read and understand simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees in the organization
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiple and divide with 10s and 100s.
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one-or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Constant standing/walking
- Occasional stooping, kneeling or crawling
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 40 lbs.
- Occasional ascending or descending stools, or steps
- POS Register and tea bar equipment usage.
- Frequent, continual, intermittent flexing or rotation of the wrist(s) and spine.
- Constant reaching, turning, and performing precision work around tea bar area
- Constant receiving detailed information through oral communication.
- Constant talking, expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
- Occasional Distinguishing, with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors.
- Constant clarity of vision at near and/or far distances.