Jobs & Internships:
Update May 2017: We are looking for expuurrienced and passionate humans to immediately join our KitTeam!
Ideal Tea Lounge candidates have previous experience working in a fast-paced, high-volume cafe/restaurant setting. Ideal Cat Wrangler candidates have worked with cats in a shelter/rescue setting. A love of cats is a basic requirement for all qualified applicants.
Please submit: A 3-5 minute video (or a cover letter) and updated resume (including availability) to: firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com in addition to filling out the application form below.
Please only apply if you are already located in the Bay Area and ready to work immediately. We are unable to consider applicants who do not meet these qualifications. Thank mew!
KitTea - San Francisco's first and only Cat Lounge and Cafe welcomes the purrfect part-time candidates to join the family aka The KitTeam!
Who we are:
KitTea is a unique cafe experience dedicated to enriching the interactions between humans and cats in a relaxing environment. Founded by Courtney Hatt, KitTea provides high-quality care to its resident rescue cats and adoptable felines. Managed by Steph Nelson, KitTea Cat Cafe provides high-quality tea, coffee, specialty beverages, and delicious small treats and hearty meals for our human guests to savor and enjoy living in the the "meow."
Part-time Position(s): Tea Lounge Attendant and Cat Wrangler
- 3-5 shifts per week (shifts are 4-6 hours long)
- $13/hour + tips
- Must be available ASAP - ideally with flexible weekends, weekdays, and holidays.
Tea Lounge Attendants are responsible for maintaining the flow of the tea lounge. This includes, but is not limited to, taking orders, using POS system, preparing beverage and meal service (i.e. making waffles, sandwiches, salads, soups, hot chocolate, coffee, tea, etc), bussing dishes, washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, processing new inventory (deliveries) and counting current inventory, assisting the host when needed, pro-actively communicating within the team, quality control, maintaining knowledge of reservation policies and information about our cats and rescue partners, answering telephone, making customers feel at home and relaxed in our environment, etc. Daily opening and closing duties, including setting up the space, taking out garbage, sweeping, mopping, cleaning the restroom in the tea lounge and refreshing it during the day. Will require Food Handlers Certification within 30 days of employment.
Qualified applicants will have previous experience in a fast-paced cafe or similar setting. While we strive to create a zen-like atmosphere for our guests, the Tea Lounge Attendant is busy hustling to make sure orders are served quickly, correctly, and with a pawsitive cat-titude!
Cat Wranglers exist in the cat lounge, and their basic duties include, but are not limited to, welcoming guests and sharing guidelines of the space, monitoring the length of visits, taking orders from patrons on the cat lounge iPad, maintaining knowledge of all menu items, feeding cats, cleaning litter boxes, administering medicine when needed, documenting cat health/behavior, etc. Also keeping both the "front of the house" and "back of the house" spaces clean (sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, running washer/dryer, sanitizing, taking out garbage), prepping acclimation spaces for incoming cats, and cleaning the human restroom in the cat lounge at close and refreshing it during the day. Cat Wranglers are knowledgeable about the policies related to adoptions through our partner rescues and help facilitate positive human-cat interactions.
Experience with cat handling, adoption matches, a love of cleaning, meeting new people, assessing group dynamics, and educating guests about cat behavior is the heart of the KitTea expurrience!
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor's degree/in progress preferred (not required).
- Previous work experience in a relevant setting.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule, including weekends, evenings, holidays, and special events as needed.
- Basic computer skills required. Proficiency with iPad, POS software, Square, Google Drive, Group Messaging, and other apps and tools as needed.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to multi-task!
- Able to communicate clearly and professionally and relate to all levels of guests, staff, and management.
- Work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
- Positions will require frequent standing, walking, and use of hands and arms.
- Must be able to lift up to 40lbs and frequently bend, reach, and twist from the waist.
- For Tea Lounge: minimum 6 months-1 year food service experience in a cafe/fast-paced restaurant or similar food service setting; in-depth knowledge of food and preparation, including valid Food Handler Certification, and knowledge of relevant SF and CA health codes.
Please no (cat)calls about hiring. We will contact applicants to "inter-mew" when we think it might be a purrfect match! Thank mew and we look forward to hearing from you soon!