KitTea's Resident & Adoptable Cats
At KitTea we care for 16 - 20 cats, of which 14 are permanent resident rescue kitties and anywhere from 2 - 6 are featured adoptable kitties. All cats were rescued from high-risk situations. See below for more information.
KitTea's Featured Adoptable Cats
KitTea's Purrr-manent Residents
Pickles (Female) - Resident
Purrthday: November 2017 (ish)
Purrsonality Traits: Fears nothing - even the vacuum. Playful and purrsistent, even when she is doing something naughty. Her best friend and soul sister Betty Lou is constantly keeping an eye out for her (they were found wandering together).
Hobbies: running from one end of the room to the other, leaping onto other cats, snuggling with Betty Lou, making everyone in the room say "awwwww".
Fun Fact: Pickles served with the Canadian army during WWII. She was decorated with bows, ribbons, and string for her bravery during the daring Dieppe raid (all of which have been subsequently torn to shreds).
Past: Not much is written in Pickles' and Betty Lou's book of life, "Laser Pointers, String, and Existence" except the foreward by Rene Descates. What we do know is that they love each other very, very much, which is the ultimate existential apex.
Noodle (Male) - Resident
Purrthday: June 2017 (ish)
Purrsonality Traits: Being a derp. Crossing and uncrossing his eyes. Trying to meow, only to utter a silly 'meep'.
Hobbies: Crawling onto your back. Doing his best impression of a scarf. Showing you his belly in a "paint me like one of your French cats" kind of way.
Fun Fact: Noddle's name comes from his days in the car business, where he was employed as a stand-in for those inflatable, dancing towers.
Past: Noodle was reunited with his siblings after being found later. They are collectively known as The Birmans and, among other adorable things, love (love) love being pet and canoodled. Seriously, I don't know how a normal household would be able to give them enough attention.
Strudel (Male) - Resident
Purrthday: June 2017 (ish)
Purrsonality Traits: Looking *exactly* like Noodle. Being sweet, like Strudel. Wrapping his paws around you in an "it's not time for you to stop petting me" way that makes you melt.
Fun Fact: When he sleeps, Strudel dreams that he's about to take a final for a college class he never studied for ... even though he graduated from Wellesley in 08'.
Past: Strudel was found with Tippy and later reunited with Noodle. They are collectively known as The Birmans and, among other adorable things, love (love) love being pet and canoodled. Seriously, I don't know how a normal household would be able to give them enough attention.
The Adoption Process
At KitTea, we believe that a cat makes a house a home. Being able to play a role in saving cats from at-risk situations and finding furrever homes is our passion project so we are pleased to be partnered with local Wonder Cat Rescue (WCR) to feature an adoptable cat (or two!) at a time.
If you've already visited KitTea and met an adoptable cat you love, please check meow't WCR's website to apply directly. WCR will be in contact with you if it might be a purrfect match.
Notes about featured adoptable cats:
- Our cat selection may/will vary!
- This means we may not always have an adoptable cat available, especially after one finds their furever home (yay!) and/or while a new kitty is acclimating (every cat is different and some take longer to feel comfortable than others).
- Given the nature of adoptions, we may not be able to keep an updated list of available cats online.
- Feel free to check in with us before you make a Cat Lounge reservation as we cannot offer refunds related to cat adoption expectations.
- The good mews is that a shelter near you always has an abundant supply of deserving and sweet cats so we encourage you to check out your local shelter and/or rescue group during your search.
- Sadly, we cannot accept owner surrendered cats directly. If you need to surrender a cat, check in with your local Animal Care and Control and/or reach out to your extended network for help.
If you've already applied...
- We may not be fully updated on the adoption status so please follow up with WCR directly regarding your application or the status of any adoptable kitties.
- Given the application process, "same day" adoptions are not possible and it usually takes about a week from applying, approval, to coordinating pick-up.
Adopt, don't shop!