Benefits of Cats
- Calming any anxiety/stress in your life
- Oxytocin (the love hormone and that internal nudge that makes you want to cuddle)
- A room filled with cats helps you live in the "meow"
- Lowers blood pressure
- Cats make wonderful muses, ask any artist who has a cat!
- A cat's purr is more than just gratifying... it's healing
- Cats act as wonderful social ice-breakers
- A cat will help you stop and see the beauty in the world, if you choose to gaze out the window with them
- Cats teach you to appreciate the moment. One minute they are content in your lap, the next they are racing from one end of the room to the next.
Benefits of Loose Leaf Green Tea
- It is loaded with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins, which function as powerful antioxidants
- L-theanine increases the activity of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA, which has anti-anxiety effects.
- Studies show that caffeine and L-theanine can have synergistic effects. The combination of the two is particularly potent at improving brain function (especially when you need to stay focused)
- You live longer. A study in 14,001 elderly Japanese individuals aged 65-84 years found that those who drank the most green tea were 76% less likely to die during the 6 year study period
- Green tea’s anti-inflammatory properties help prevent or control periodontal disease (gum disease).